Buying your home
If you are over 55 and wish to buy your own home, we have retirement properties for sale on many of our sheltered and extra care courts.
Offering you a financially secure retirement, buying your home means you
- own your own home
- release equity from your current home
- have the possibility of a mortgage free retirement.
All of our properties are leasehold. This means you buy the right to live in the property for a fixed period. Leases are initially offered for a period of 99 or 125 years. You don't own the land surrounding your home or the building that your home is in.
The lease outlines your relationship with us, your landlord, and includes information on:
- service charges payable towards management and maintenance of the building
- your responsibility for repairs to your home
- terms and conditions for selling your property.
Shared ownership allows you to buy either 50% or 75% of the full market value of your home. If you purchase 50% you then pay a small rent on the remaining share. If you buy 75% no rent is payable.
Shared ownership makes buying a property more affordable. Take a look at our shared ownership leaflet for more information.
Shared equity ownership allows you to purchase a 70% share of the lease. We retain the remaining 30% but we do not charge a rent on the portion you do not own.
With outright ownership you buy 100% of the lease, and don't pay any rent on the property.
See our Purchasers' Guide for more information on purchasing a property.
New property sales
Tel: 0345 608 4021
Tel: 0370 192 4000
Available to buy
33 two bed apartments available for shared ownership sale. Each is self-contained, spacious, secure and beautifully appointed.
Providing 87 two bed apartments with 33 available for either shared ownership or outright sale. 8 two bed bungalows also available with 6 for outright sale.
A well-appointed scheme offering 53 one and two bed apartments with 13 available for shared ownership sale.
Providing 59 one and two bed apartments. 45 for rent and 14 available for shared