Housing 21 is a social enterprise for older people
We believe later life should be happy and fulfilling. We contribute to this by being:
- a major provider of retirement housing in England for rent and ownership throughout the country
- a leader in extra care housing
- one of the largest care providers in England
- a driving force in the development of dementia services and specialist older people's mental health services
We are the UK’s largest non-profit care provider and a national leader in providing innovative, affordable housing for older people. We also work closely with local communities to develop new services that meet the needs of older people and their neighbourhoods.
All our work is guided by our determination to see older people as individuals. We work in partnership with our customers, commissioners and other partners who share our values .
This principle informs all our current activity, including:
- building new homes for older people to rent and buy, catering for a range of budgets and preferences
- providing around 120,000 hours of home care each week
- developing and providing innovative preventative health services – with an emphasis on independence and quality of life
- meeting the care and support needs of residents with dementia and those approaching the end of life
- investing in our A* rated vocational qualifications centre so our staff can fulfil their potential and giving them the skills to provide the best possible services to our residents and service users.